Monday, December 23, 2013

The goal of Living Art Games

As an indie game developer, my main goal is producing fun games but my secondary goal is to make  the most beautiful and detailed games I can. As the name says, I want them to look like living art. In the case of "Psi," I'm going for a comic book feel for the look and layout of it.

Right now, I'm working on game mechanics, what's "under the hood," so to speak. I'm using the 2D game making engine, Construct 2 and the animation program Spriter. I feel that these two are an excellent combination. During my development process, Mike from Brashmonkey, the developer of Spriter, has been very helpful to me personally. It's great to be using a software and be able to get assistance from the designers! Construct 2 also has a great, supportive community and any question asked on their forums will usually be answered quickly and skillfully. I feel like, luckily, I found the exact right design software for me.

Thanks for reading! Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Logo

Logo